Aptik v23.07 is now available. This is a maintenance update with some improvements.
Summary of changes since v22.06:
- Improve detection of default packages for Debian 12, MX Linux, LMDE, PopOS, and ElementaryOS.
Users & Groups
- Fixed a corner case where restore fails if the new system has a group with GID=GID_MAX.
- Fixed a corner case where users were not restored correctly if 2 users on the new system had each other’s UID on the previous system
- Suppress Ubuntu’s Welcome app on login as aptik user
- Fix: The backup will be redone if the backup size reduces by more than 90% after pruning and compacting the Borg repo
- Older archives for each user will be pruned separately.
- Print the size difference after pruning and compacting the Borg repo
Flatpak & Snap
- Hide some columns to make the list less congested
- Add an option to backup/restore MySQL settings and data
Install / Update
Existing users will receive the update automatically. If you face any issues, please re-run the installation steps you received at the time of purchase.
A personal license for Aptik is available from the link below. This is a single-user license with perpetual validity and includes future updates.