Baqpaq – Personal Licence
The license key and installation steps are sent by email. Please provide a reliable email address on the checkout page.
Installation is as simple as running a one-line command. Please check if your Linux distribution is on the list of supported distributions mentioned below.
Worried about losing your data to a hard disk crash or dead SSD? Need to recover a document that was deleted by accident? Baqpaq takes snapshots of files and folders on your system, and syncs them to another machine, or uploads it to your Google Drive or Dropbox account. Set up any schedule that you prefer and Baqpaq will create, prune, sync, and upload snapshots at the scheduled time.
Baqpaq is a tool for personal data backups on Linux systems. Powered by BorgBackup, RSync, and RClone it is designed to run on Linux distributions based on Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Arch Linux. Unlike Timeshift which is designed to protect operating system files, Baqpaq is designed to protect personal data and user files. You can add files or folders that you want to backup, and save the backups to a local path. You can then sync backups to another machine using Rsync, or upload them to your cloud storage accounts like Google Drive and DropBox.
Backups taken by BorgBackup are very efficient. Data is chunked, compressed, and de-duplicated before it is added to the backup repository.
You can create different profiles for backups that you want to manage. For example, you can create one profile for your documents, another for your music collection, etc. For each profile, you can select where to save snapshots, which files and folders to include, and when to create, prune, sync, and upload snapshots.
Terms & Conditions
- The app is licensed under the terms of this EULA. This is a standard EULA that allows you to use the app but does not allow re-distribution and re-selling.
- The personal license is per-user rather than per-machine. You are welcome to use it on any number of machines where you are the primary user, including at work.
- Using this app in a business environment requires as many licenses as the number of people using it.
- Your license will be sent to the email address you provide when making payment. Please provide a reliable email address.
- Refunds are available within 14 days from purchase (2 weeks). Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not satisfied with the purchase and need a refund.
- Debian 10 (Buster) and derivatives
- Debian 11 (Bullseye) and derivatives
- Older releases of Debian are not supported
- Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) and derivatives
- Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) and derivatives
- Ubuntu’s current Non-LTS release, and derivatives
- PopOS, ZorinOS, MX Linux, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, ElementaryOS, and others
- Linux Mint 19, 20, and later releases. Mint 18 and older releases are not supported.
- Solus and KDE Neon are not supported.
- Older releases of Ubuntu are not supported
- Fedora 32, 33, 34, and later releases
- RedHat 8, CentOS 8, AlmaLinux, etc
- Fedora Silverblue and rpm-ostree distributions are not supported
- Arch Linux
- Other Arch-based distributions (not-tested)
- Intel & AMD computers
- 64-bit packages are available (amd64)
- Single-board computers (SBCs) with ARM CPUs
- 32-bit (armhf) and 64-bit (arm64) packages are available
- Supports Raspberry Pi 4B/400 and Odroid N2/N2+
- Supports Raspbian, Raspberry Pi OS, Debian, Armbian, and Ubuntu.
- On some distributions, the Wayland display server does not allow GUI apps to run as root. Baqpaq’s GUI cannot be started in Admin Mode on such systems. If you are running a GNOME on Wayland session, you need to logout, and login to a GNOME on Xorg session. Baqpaq’s GUI can be always be started as a normal user, even on Wayland.